Books about Justin Smith Morrill.
- Cross, C.F. (1999). Justin Smith Morrill: Father of the Land-Grant Colleges. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University. 159 pp.
- Parker, William B. (1971). The Life and Public Services of Justin Smith Morrill. New York: Da Capo Press. 378 pp.
Films about Justin Smith Morrill or the Homestead:
- Constantino Brumidi and Justin Morrill: A Talk by Barbara Wolanin (c-span.org video) Dr. Wolanin’s c-span talk in Washington, D.C. followed her presentation at Barrett Hall in Strafford, VT (June 2015) called “Constantino Brumidi: America’s Michelangelo.”
- Justin Morrill House Virtual Tour of Gardens by Jay Tisbert (2006) Quicktime (18MB) | Flash (25MB)
- Justin Morrill: Land for Learning. Vermont Public Television.
Access the Morrill Library
Justin Smith Morrill’s collection of books are housed in the on-site Education Center and at the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation (Montpelier), and are available to view by appointment only. For more information, please contact the librarian at the Morrill Memorial & Harris Library (802-765-4037), or the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation (802-828-3222).